From discovery to commercialization
We are ambitious about dairy-derived ingredients that promote nutrition.
Fortunately, such raw materials are naturally rich in proteins, lipids, oligosaccharides, minerals and vitamins – with enormous potential for application in a wide variety of food categories.
Arla Foods Ingredients' nutrition science capabilities and guidance are guided by a long-term research and development strategy, based on the potential of our raw materials, global nutrition trends and health challenges.
Our current strategy broadly focuses on:
- Allergy control and prevention
- Cognitive development and performance
- Gastrointestinal health
- Healthy growth and development
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Bone health
- Metabolic health and diabetes
- Sports performance and exercise
Our nutrition science activities span every step in our value chain, from discovery to development and commercialization.
Value generated with nutrition science
Over the years, we have discovered and offered a variety of valuable food ingredients – providing benefits to a wide range of consumers with different needs, from infant nutrition to complex medical challenges, offering healthy, delicious foods and beverages that can increase quality of people's lives.
- Brain development in babies
- Elderly at risk of bone and muscle loss
- Improved endurance performance in athletic activities
- Controlling childhood allergies
- Patients requiring specially formulated diets
- Delicious, protein-enriched dairy products for health-conscious consumers
- Supporting immune maturation in babies
- Patients with type 2 diabetes
Learn more about our Research Integrity Policy here .